for Design Studies
New Donations to the
The Vignelli Center has significant new donations to its collections that include design artifacts for Schick-Eversharp Razor Company, footage from “Design is One: Lella and Massimo Vignelli,” and an exhibit from Saint Peter’s Church.
Ms. Erin Glaberson, a 4th year student in Industrial design has donated drawings and design prototypes for the 1954 Schick Injector Razor and the 1967 Schick Krona Double Edge Safety Razor. These were designed by her grandfather Martin Glaberson who was a product designer at the Schick-Eversharp Razor Company. These designs are historically significant in that they represent innovative razor designs from 1965-77 first to use chrome blades. The artifacts will be part of the Product Timecapsule collection at the Vignelli Center which highlights important product design.
Kathy Brew, a New York videographer and former partner Roberto Guerra with have donated all the original video footage which was used in the production of the “Design is One” video on Massimo and Lella Vignelli. This footage contains complete in-depth interviews about the Vignellis by many luminaries from the fields of design and architecture.
St. Peter’s Church at CitiCorp Center in New York was designed by Massimo and Lella Vignelli in 1977. Panels from an exhibition documenting the project have been donated to the Vignelli Center and will be shown as part of the Design Conversations lecture by Pastor Jared Stahler of St. Peter’s on April 14 at 4:45pm in the University Gallery. His talk will is titled “Life at the Intersection: Church meets Vignelli.”